The LHS Library's Media Lab was opened in January of 2010 for high school teachers and students. The Media Lab is located in the corner of the library next to the computer lab. Two iMacs and one PC are avaliable for use as well as photography, video, and audio equipment. The Media Lab also has one blue screen and two green screens for shooting photos and video.Llano Media Lab Policies
1. All Acceptable Use provisions and general behavior guidelines for the Library apply to the Media Lab.
2. The Media Lab is open during normal Library hours.
3. The Media Lab is open to all LHS staff members and all LHS students.
4. Teachers may schedule time in the media lab by signing up in the Library. Scheduled appointments take precedence. If no one has scheduled time in the Media Lab, walk-in users are welcome. Reservations for the lab will be held for 10 minutes after they are scheduled to begin.
5. No food or drinks of any kind are permitted.
6. A maximum of 5 people are allowed at any given time.
7. Due diligence and care should be taken by staff and students in the use of the equipment. It is the sole reponsiblity of the user to return the equipment in the same working order it was checked out to them in. Users of the Media Lab may be responsible for any damage incurred thourgh misuse of the equipment.
8. The door to the Media Lab should be kept open unless a staff member is present.
9. Priority will be given to users who are working on digital media projects for school.
10. If a piece of Media Lab equipment is not working, users should ask for help from the Librarian. Users must not attempt to repair equipment.
11. Overnight lans of the digital camera, and Flip video camcorders will be allowed for staff of LHS and students of LHS. Overnight loans of the large video camera will be allowed for staff members of LHS only. Users must complete an aggreement form and those items must be returned directly to the Library at teh beginning of the next business day. An overdue fine of $5.00/day may be added to users' accounts for late items. Users who lose or damage equipment may be charged the replacement cost of the equipment.
12. Users must complete user training with the Librarian before being allowed to check out any Media Lab equipment.
Adobe Photoshop CS4
Computers & Equipment
iMac 20" & 27"
Blue Microphones - The Snowball
Flip Ultra 8GB HD Camcorder (x2)
Panasonic HMC70 HD Camcorder
Nikon CoolPix S230 Digital Still Camera
Sony VHS / DVD Recorder & Converter DR-VX560
Epson V500 Scanner